These are all things that have been happening for us lately! We have been working on our yard this summer and it is finally coming all together. A week and a half ago we finished weeding all of our planting areas, laying weed block, laying bark and making a few other improvements to the yard. Now when I say "we" that mostly means James. haha I tried to be as helpful as possible, but needing a shade/drink/snack break every 30 minutes is not a good helper for my hardworking husband. He was so patient and just worked through everything, so that we only had to take 1.5 days to do it all! I love having all that crazy rock gone and actual plants around the house. Theres of course still more to do, but for now that is all thats going to be done.
Sewing! - So for graduation my sweet parents got me a new sewing machine. Now, I hadnt sewed anything in my whole life...ok well maybe a button on a shirt at Young womens when I was 12, but besides that I hadnt, but after we moved into our house and bought furniture I started pillow hunting for our couches. I couldnt find anything I liked, but when I was at hobby lobby I did find some fabric that I liked...so I decided I was going to teach myself to sew (with help from my lovely sis in law Alyssa :) So, alyssa let me borrow her machine and I sewed for cute pillows for our front room! Now that I have my own machine I have been figuring out how to work everything and started sewing some things for our little man. So far Ive just done 2 burp cloths and a carseat cover, but I have some more cute fabric, so Im sure there will be more sewing posts to come.
Growing! - this goes for me and the baby! Our baby is now 23.5 weeks old! 16.5 weeks to go!!! James always asks me "cant he just be here now?!?" I love that he is so excited to be a dad. He also tells me that I better let him hold him after hes born cause Ive gotten to hold him for 9 months and thats plenty of time that I am hogging lol! Anyways, The last 2.5 weeks since my last pregnancy post things havent changed that much. Ive still been able to exercise - with a few modifications - Ive gotten my heartburn somewhat controlled, but my appetite is getting harder and harder to control. I am hungry all.the.time.! I started writing down what I eat during the day, so that I really track what is going in my body, rather than raiding the cupboards like I havent eaten all day every 30 minutes haha. The only thing that has really been a struggle for me this last week is back pain. Aching while I sleep, while im awake, while im sitting, while im exercising. Im not sure what thats all about, but I know that it probably only get worse as I get more front heavy! Hopefully Ill just be gaining strong back muscles to carry this baby! My favorite part from these last few weeks is how much I can feel him moving all around. I feel all the kicks and punches and turing inside of me. Sometimes I stop mid-sentence just because the feeling of a little person moving inside of you is such an amazing thing and no words can really describe it, but that is definitely my favorit part of pregnancy so far!
Heres some pictures from this post!
 |
| James informed me this was more than enough animal print things now the only things im allowed to sew have to have sprots themes haha! |
 |
| 23.5 weeks! |
 |
| Did I mention that I LOVE my husband and that he still likes to play like a kid haha! |
So sweet! Tyler is the same way. It is very nice!
ReplyDeleteCute sewing project - and love your growing belly & fun "kid" hubby. :D
ReplyDelete