Sunday, March 3, 2013

Some fun and some not so fun!

I typed this a few weeks ago but am forgot to publish it!!! Im trying to get back on top of things so that I can keep a better record of our little family's life :)

I know I know Im behind! That whole having a newborn thing has got me behind on blogging. It is so funny that it has only been 2 months since he was born, but it feels like I have a years worth of stuff to blog about. First, I'm going to recap Caysen's first month of life. It was filled with some fun times and some not so fun times, but it was definitely FILLED for a newborn.
Week 1:
- we came home from the hospital
- had his first Dr. appt (4 days after birth he had laready regained his birth weight plus 6oz)
- he was a yellow baby: high billirubin levels so he had to lay (get strapped in and not be out of it unless he was eating or bathing) in a phototherepy bed for 3 days and get his heel pricked and blood squirted out of it 5 times to test his levels. (this goes under the not so fun)
- spent LOTS of time with grammy and dad so that mom could catch up on some much needed rest
- Grammy stayed with us and was a HUGE lifesaver and helper a.k.a. calm down the new mom about every little thing I freaked out about haha

Week 2: Christmas!!
- we flew to California :) - some of you may have judged our decision to do that with a baby barely 2 weeks old, but it was the best thing I coulda done for myself. I didnt have any postpartum depression or baby blues. I had to get over the minor things I was freaking out about because we were packing and not at home and there were a million people (ok only 8) among my family that wanted to hold and love Caysen so I could get rest and heal up from all the post partum complications I experienced.

Weeks 3 & 4: We just tried to adjust and figure out what our new normal was having this new precious member of our family.

Here are some pictures from the hospital that I never posted and also some pictures of Caysen's first few weeks of life.


Papa Jim and Dad

Uncle Cam

Uncle Jason

Quilt from grammy


All hooked up and ready to get this baby out!

Contractions started


I did it!!

First diaper change for both the boys...now theyre professionals

Logan boys



Going home

first bath at home thanks for the help grammy

phototherepy bed


phototherepy bed

love this...so tired!

Baby boy's info

Big feet covered up the words

Two sleeping boys


No comments:

Post a Comment