No one can prepare you for motherhood. Don't get me wrong I loved getting advice from women when I was pregnant. Some people get annoyed of it, but I loved it. I enjoyed hearing everyone's stories and experiences and would try to imagine what I would be like as a mom.
As I was cleaning during the few quiet moments of nap time the other day I noticed little fingerprints all over the edges of my coffee table, glass panels of the entertainment center, and sticky ones all over the front of my oven. Then I walked over to grab a drink and noticed cracker floaties in my drink and had to laugh. It might sound funny, but that was a little tender mercy in my life. Little things like that make me pause in my normal routine of life and remember how grateful I am to have the opportunity to be a mother. How when I was younger I would think about being a mom and love seeing how much children adored their mother and couldn't wait to have kids of my own.
I love watching Caysen grow and learn new things. I love the slobbery kisses. I love watching him examine something he's never seen before. I love seeing him light up with smiles when he sees dad walk in the door from work. I love when I feel little hands crawling up the back of my legs as I'm doing dishes. I love rocking him to sleep.
There are so many things to love about being a mom it makes the sacrifices seem so minute. I never thought I'd say it, but I'm grateful for little fingerprints all over the house and floaties in my drinks :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I love this! :) I hope one day we can get our families together!
ReplyDelete