So a week ago James and I woke up at our normal good 'ole 5:15am to get ready for school and work. James went out to start our cars to get them warm [because he is such a sweet husband] and I was inside making our lunches. He was taking entirely too long out there and I knew something was up. So when he came back in his first words were... "now I don't want you to get freaked out or anything..." any sentence started out like this is not a good one! but he continued to tell me how when he went out there all our car doors were open and trunk was popped, his seat was leaned back, cars smelled like smoke and our glove boxes were emptied onto our seats, but nothing was damaged or taken. These troublemakers are so lucky because James and I close to NEVER leave our car doors unlocked, but they got lucky that night because we had to do a quick late night errand. Anyways, nothing was taken. Which is the weirdest part! I had my wallet and ipod in my car. I only had my wallet in there because I had lost it and had been looking for it for a couple days and we didnt find it till we were checking all through the car and found it in our secret glove box. ugh! so I decided to play it safe in case the intruders took down my card numbers and had to cancel all our cards and change account numbers, and let me tell you that is a hassle! ugh! Finally now we have everything taken care of.
The other scary part of this fiasco is that it looked like someone was trying to break into our door. The stripping that seals our door was pulled off right where our lock is located and they tried to pull back a plastic piece of the door. Now whoever they are, are VERY lucky people that they didn't get in because no one wants to have to deal with James after he's been woken up and they are sneaking in our place in the middle of the night. Their night would not have a happy ending that's for sure. It was nice to hear that we were not the only personal target of these intruders because we heard of atleast 5 other houses in our area that got hit this same night. The puzzling part is that we live in a very safe neighborhood, with good people, so it is strange that our area gets targeted so frequently.
Our Cars
 |
| Good thing nothing was damaged! |
That is insane! I am so glad that everything is okay! Heck, I guarantee if they would have gotten into your home and they saw James, they would have immediately turned around and walked right back out. He's a BIG dude! :)
ReplyDelete