Friday, February 18, 2011

"What a Beautiful Day"

Wow! I didn't realize how much of a whirl-wind of fun James and I have had this past week until I sat down to blog about our past week! First off...my husband is amazing and always going out of his way to make our lives so fun and just live every moment to the fullest and this week was no different. So, while James was at work on Thursday he called me a few times (more than normal) and kept asking weird questions like what were my plans like this weekend, did I have to teach on sunday, what time could I get out of school on Friday. Finally he called in the evening on Thursday and said that we were going to Vegas for Valentines weekend, so pack a bag and we were leaving straight from Provo after my last class on Friday. I was antsy all through class and counting the minutes till I was free to enjoy the whole weekend away from life.
As always our road trip there was so fun, laughing, singing, eating and so much more. We arrived at 8pm and drove into downtown just in time to see the city light up. We felt all giddy as we found our hotel and got all checked in like "big kids" haha whenever we do something by ourselves like go on vacation we always say "oh we are being grown ups right now" and then laugh because we have no idea what we are doing. We walked down the strip, saw a few shows, went to dinner and enjoyed some fun time out on the town. The next day we spent the whole day riding rides and seeing acrobat shows at the adventure dome inside circus circus. After a fun and tiring day we started our way back to St. George. We figured we wouldn't want to make the whole drive home after a long day out and about so it was perfect to stay the night at my Grandparents in St. George. When we arrived in St. George and were starving and both craving Taco Bell Mexican Pizza which is really weird because that is not a usual fast food stop, but as we searched for Taco Bells in all of St. George there was none to be found. After driving around for 40 min of a Taco Bell hunt we finally found one and satisfied our cravings. Along with a search for Taco Bell we went on the same quest to find a movie theater. We found 4 movie theaters, but none of them were playing the new Adam Sandler movie "Just Go With It" that we wanted to see. So we finally arrived at my grandparents house and had a great time staying there, going to church, a delicious chicken cordon bleu dinner and celebrating my Grandma's birthday.
After such a fun and eventful weekend I figured we would have a very low key Valentines Day. I got up like normal and went to school and then to teach piano lessons. My last piano lesson cancelled and I called James to tell him that I was coming home. He was like "WAIT! You cant come home. I'm not ready for you yet" So he brought me my stuff to get ready and I showered and got ready at his parents. As I walked out to my car to go home to see what James had planned, I found my car covered in oreos. Now this may seem funny, but this brought such a huge smile to my face. When our car was decorated on our wedding day it was covered in oreos and as we were driving away oreos were flying off and people were honking and congratulating us all the way to our hotel. It was true bliss. So then...I drove home and found candles lighting the indie of our house and a box of chocolates and was lead into the "Logan Restraunt" where there were breakfast in bed trays set up on our bed. I took a seat and was served Olive Garden breadsticks and Salad (which I LOVE), followed by gourmet BBQ chicken/bacon/pineapple delicious pizza. Then to top it off some raspberry oreo cheesecake. James played one of my favorite songs "Just Another Day in Paradise" and sang along. It was perfect for our night because part of the song goes "Dominos Pizza in the candlelight". Although it wasn't dominos the song made me smile. Then this next part no one is going to believe and I could hardly believe it, but James bought the movie Dear John for me and we watched it together. The perfect way to top off a perfect night!
I was so lucky that James was on his seven days off during this time for Valentines Day and besides all of these fun things we also went out to lunch with Jim, went to the Temple, got frozen yogurt (which is now one of our favorite things), got Mexican Pizzas again haha, computer got a virus and were in a frenzy to get it fixed, drove around looking at houses we'd like to own someday, and finally saw "Just Go With It". Now James is back to work and we are both back to school, but I am so grateful for weeks like this past one where we were able to spend so much quality time together and make so many fun memories together. I LOVE my life.

Road Trip :]


Our Hotel


Pirate Show


Riding Rides at the Adventuredome!


My decorated car

No comments:

Post a Comment