Today was my first day in the practicum for teaching. For the whole month of March I am teaching at Falcon Ridge Elementary in a first grade class. I already love them. Right as the class started the teacher asked if anyone in the class had any questions for me. 10 kids proceeded to raise their hands. My cooperating teacher called on one boy and he said, "uhhh Mrs. Logan....I think you're beautiful" a little taken aback I was like oh well thank you. Then another girl was called on, she said "Mrs. Logan I think you have gorgeous hair." hhahahahaha. I think this was the best first day of school ever :] I knew I was going to love teaching. Then my other favorite quote of the day happened when I was on recess duty and a little boy came up and said "have you ever heard of P90X? I was like yeah I do it! He was like me too [remember, he's 6] I was like wow, thats awesome, hes like hey feel my muscles, flexing his arms. I did [he actually was pretty solid haha] Then he proceeded to feel my flexed arm and responded "wow, you must have done it every day for a year" haha...not quite.
Overall, the first day went well. I was able to familiarize myself with the classroom routines and the students. I am a little nervous about the BYU professors observing me while I'm teaching, but its just because I want it all the be perfect the first time, which I know is not going to happen! It is hard to find a balance between wanting to do all my assignments to my best ability and fullfilling all the BYU requirements, while still just enjoying and taking in the teaching experience. Its going to be a roller coaster, but I'm buckled in and ready to go! :]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment