Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Quick CA Trip!


I am totally behind on blogging, but it has been busy being in school during this spring semester and all of my free time is spent hanging out with the hubby. A fun thing that I did without James was go to California with his parents. Yup, you heard right...Jim and Juli were nice enough to let me road trip it with them to San Fransico and James had to stay home to work. We went to CA becuase Jim was running in a 12k race called the Bay to Breakers. It was the 100 anniversary and he met up with his brother and they both ran the race. Jim and his brother had to be at the race very early (leave at 430am) in order to check in and find where they need to be becuase there were approx 50,000 people running the race. Juli and I had planned on watching Jim run the race, but there was no way we were going to get up at 4am to stand around till 8oclock for the race to begin. So, Juli and I decided to map out where to park and walk to the finish line by ourselves. This was very brave to go to SF ourselves and attempt this. After looking at the map and race info we felt pretty confident. We arrived in SF and found the spot we had planned to park. We were excited to find a spot and wondered why there weren't more cars. So, we started walking towards the finish line. Now on our map there was this green area that Juli and I figured was just a park next to the finish line. Welp, as we started walking we came to find out it was a huge forest of trees called the conservatory of flowers right in the middle of the city next to the beach. Long story short we treked through the trees (felt like red riding hood), followed a foreign man, talked to 4 strangers, walked through the middle of a golf course, and finally found the finish line. The first finisher for male ran it in 34:26 and woman in 39:12. Now remeber this was a 12k or approx 7.6 miles. INSANITY how fast they ran! We also had an adventure watching all the runners cross the finish line and watch for jim to come. I say it was an adventure because some of the people who ran this race did it nude. Only in SF can you get away with that. Luckily, Jim finished very quick in 1hour and 15min! woo hoo go jim! Then we had a BBQ with alot of Jim's family which was really fun. It was nice to have time to visit and eat with them , since when I met them on our wedding day I didnt have much time to visit!
Beside all of this fun I was able to spend a day with my family. My dad came and picked me up and I stayed one night at my house. Then Saturday I went to two of my lil sisters soccer games (she played awesome), got to see my lil bro get ready adn go to Mormon Prom and have yummy pasta salad made by my mom. Even though it was short it was nice to see my family for a bit. These were alot of fun things to do that were jammed pack into 2 days of driving and 2 days actually in CA.

No comments:

Post a Comment