Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter!

This Easter season I was truly able to focus on the Savior and true meaning of Easter by having the opportunity to teach the Easter lesson to my young women. I spent to the whole week listening to conference talks and reading the different apostles accounts of the last weeks with the Savior. I am so grateful for the atonement and Jesus Christ sacrafice for me and for you. I am so thankful for the resurrection, that he does live again and that we will be resurrected and live again. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have that our life does not end after our time on this earth is complete.
On that note I was so happy that I was able to spend Easter with my Utah family =] In the morning James and I woke up to an Easter basket that the Easter bunny left for us :) Then we got dressed in our new Easter outfits and went to church at our ward. I was so happy that James had taken the day off of work so that we could spend the day together. After church my brother came up from Provo and we were able to do some service by bringing a meal to a family that was celebrating the life of their mom/sisiter/wife that had passed away. Then we all went to James parents Jim and Juli and had a delicious Easter dinner with sausage, ham, potato salad (Jim was so nice and made some for me without onions :), rolls, cabbage salad and more with chocolate pie for dessert. I love living so close to some of our family because we get to just show up for holiday meals. After we had dinner we played some games and did resurrection eggs (plastic eggs that has alittle something in each of them that represent a scripture verse and it goes through the story of Jesus's last week) It was a great Easter!!!

Our new Easter outfits!

Golf...dang Juli always winning!

Thank You Jim &  Juli


This is James face after I say.." Babe smile about our eggs!" haha

No comments:

Post a Comment