Monday, July 18, 2011

Cant get a rainbow without a little rain!

Well, alot has happened since my last post, but that always seems to be the case! First off James brother Joey returned home from his mission! Yay more family :] Now theres just Alyssa (james sister) left to finish off her mission! Then a few days later there was 4th of July! I LOVE fourth of July, I mean who doesnt like a holiday that includes, sunshine, swimming, eating and best of all FIREWORKS?! We went with James's family on a hike that weekend and had a blast! Later that week we put an offer on a house here in stansbury and they accepted it!, now we're just waiting to close (Ill do a full house post on all those happenings after we close!) then James got a huge promotion at work to be a control room operator! I love my hardworking husband, he busted his tail for a year there while the other guys made fun of him for workin so hard, but now two promotions later he's livin the good life as one of two guys running the entire facility from his computer. I'm a proud wife! James and I were just chattin one night thinkin man, did we pay extra tithing this month or something because the blessings are just pouring out! jk, but we are definitly grateful for everything we have been blessed with.
 Of course, there is oppoition in all things, how would be truly experience joy without sorrow right? Well, I guess we needed something to contrast against all this "joy" because last week I was doing my normal drive between provo and stansbury and hydroplaned on the freeway and totaled our car. I am ok, luckily I was not seriously injured and just had to put up with a sore back and neck for a few days. Thank goodness James was not workin and he rushed to my rescue along with every police officer in a 30 mile radius...jus kidding...but like five of them pulled over and the officer helping me kept sayin "Ive got it covered thanks!" Of course I balled hysterically and everyone kept asking are you sure you aren't hurt? I kept responding...im really ok, Im just a cryer! After talking with the insurance and working out a few details everything is panning out very smoothly. The worst part of it all is that now I have to go car shopping again! One of my least favorite things. I hate it because no car salesman is ever completely straight forward with you. I just want to say to the right off the bat "look I know this is your job and you need to make money off me, im totally ok with that I just dont want to get ripped off" So the adventures begin!
After all of these happenings of course my young women lesson I taught today was on keeping an eternal perspective while overcoming opposition. I was like really Heavenly Father I didnt need a real life story just for this lesson. lol. Im grateful for my calling because it was the perfect thing to do this weekend.
A few quotes:
" Do all you can do and then leave the rest to the Lord. President Howard W. Hunter said: “If our lives and our faith are centered on Jesus Christ and his restored gospel, nothing can ever go permanently wrong."
“We cannot avoid opposition. The only question is how we will react to it. Will our adversities be stumbling blocks or stepping-stones”
Pretty Waterfall we hiked to!



Our lead hiker!


The boys!

2 comments:

  1. Aww Em! I hope you're feeling better...and Congrats on your new house! That is so exciting! Yeah after you close, make sure you put lots of pictures so we can see the pad! haha Hope everything is going great! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad to hear that you had your accident. I'm interested to hear more about your house. We are hunting too! :) Missed seeing you in California! We are looking forward to having the Carr's at our house in a couple of weeks! :) Fun!!

    ReplyDelete