Ok, we didnt go to Bermuda, but we DID go to the Bahamas!!! It was so much fun and even though the hurricane put a little bit of a damper on our plans, we had an amazing time. It was so nice to be away from the craziness of life (work, school, putting the house together). We flew from Salt Lake to Miami and stayed a night in Miami. Then we boarded the ship and first stopped in Nassau, Bahamas. It was the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. It literally looked like a screen saver (you know the one im talking about :) We played in the water until we got wrinkley, laid out, then back in the water. Also, we drove a scooter around the town which was an adventure in its self because there they drive on the other side of the road and do not really follow many traffic laws, so we had some close calls. That was by far my favorite stop. The next day we were supposed to stop in Coco Cay, bahamas, but the hurricane was coming so we had to move north west. As we were leaving the bahamas our captain said "take a look at the shore because it will never look like this again after Irene comes through here". We were grateful to be safe, but sad we missed that stop. Instead we went to key west florida for two days. It was alot of fun, but a lot more tourist-ie. We gained a million pounds...eating became a recreational activity on the boat rather than an 'eat when your hungry' thing lol. I wish I would've blogged sooner, so that I could've included more details, but we got back Saturday night and I started school Monday Morning, so things were quite crazy! We had an awesome time and I am so grateful to my hardworking husband who spoils me :)
 |
| About to board the ship! |
 |
| most southern part of the US |
No comments:
Post a Comment