Monday, June 25, 2012

Pregnancy Thus Far

I love reading blogs and staying up to date with what is happening in our family and friends lives. Because of this, I have decided that I am going to blog about my pregnancy and all of the ups and downs and crazy things going on. Plus, I have been keeping a journal of this pregnancy so far and I would way rather type then write. So here's the scoop:

5.5 weeks - Found out I was pregnant! :)

6 weeks - 13 weeks- SICK SICK SICK

8 weeks - first doctors appointment, saw our baby (Even though it only looked like a little blob), saw and heard it's heartbeat! Doctor said everything was looking right on track and set my due date to be December 10th!

11 weeks - Doctors appointment, the doctor warned us that we may not find the heartbeat with the doppler this early and might have to do an ultrasound (for a breif second I was hoping he wouldnt hear it so we would get to see our baby again, but I pushed that thought away in 2 seconds because I just wanted to know things were still going well) but the doctor found the heartbeat almost immediately!

13.5 weeks - finally feeling so much better and can eat full meals without wanting to die after.

15 weeks - doctors appointment, finally gained the weight back I had lost from being so so sick, heard the baby's heartbeat loud and clear with the doppler, and our doctor informed us that our little one was moving all around in there (even though I cant feel it yet) and thats why he was constantly moving the doppler around.

16 weeks - TODAY! I am feeling great except for the headaches that usually come on in the evening time, but I would way rather have headaches then nausea. I have a lot of energy throughout the day, but some days I need a midafternoon cat nap to rejuvinate my body.

That is how things have been so far. I love how I will get addicted to eating certain things and they will be the only things that sound good, then magically I will wake up and not feel like it again at all. When I was so sick early on in the pregnancy the only things I could eat were crackers and lemonheads and I felt like I would never be able to eat meat again in my whole life. Then the first thing I could eat that had some substance to it was a dippy egg (sunnyside up) with a piece of toast. When my body decided it didnt like that anymore I started having bean and cheese burritos and cereal all the time, which let me tell you cereal doesn't keep you full very long. For the last 2 weeks I have been hooked on bagels and cream cheese and when I say hooked I mean I go to Walmart at 11pm when my husband is in bed because I realize I don't have bagels for the next day. I kind of like that my taste buds are changing and some foods taste totally different then before.
Luckily I have been able to exercise almost all the time since I found out I was pregnant (minus the week I could barely eat enough to keep my body awake, let alone exert it on exercise), but I am so glad that I can still run and do light lifting because its something I really enjoy. I defintely want this to last, but I know that it is inevitable to think that I will be able to sprint on the tredmill when I have a big ol baby belly to bring along with me in the coming months.
Speaking of baby bellys I was always not sure if I would really want to post pictures of myself when I got pregnant of my growing belly, but I decided that Im ok with it and maybe it will help me accept that fact that my stomach will no longer be flat and I am going to see new numbers on the scale that I have never seen before. I would totally upload a belly shot for this post, but honestly its pretty non-existent still. My tummy is definitely not flat anymore, but really just looks like I stuff myself at every meal and my shirts are getting a little snug.
Things I am looking forward to: growing a baby bump, finding out the gender (hopefully later on this week!! :), and feeling the baby move. All of these things seem to differ according to every woman and according to every pregnancy, so I look forward to them whenever it is and hopefully that will make this whole pregnant thing feel more real. Because as of right now, since the nausea is gone it hardly feels like I have something the size of a large orange growing inside of me and wiggling all around :)


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're feeling better! How fun that you are writing/typing down everything. I kept some things in my journal. The first time is just amazing especially when you get to feel them kick around! Be sure to let us know what you're having :) so excited for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlfriend!! I'm super happy that you are feeling better. I feel so out of the loop on things. Glad that you are doing fantastic - it's so fun having kids!!

    ReplyDelete