Can I just say how happy I am that it is summer...and that I am actually able to enjoy it! No school or stress, warm weather, time with the hubby, vacations, camping, BBQ's, and a bun in the oven what could be better? Well, I wish with all this fun that I was a picture taker. I love looking at pictures, but for some reason I get so caught up having fun in the moment that I forget to capture the memories. So once again I left to just writing about them.
Since being pregnant I totally plan and live my life by the weeks, so that is how I will continue this post.
Week 16:
Guess Ill pick up where I left off last post.
Life - I went to girls camp and it was super fun! I'm so glad I decided to go. It was REALLY hot durig the day and then freezing cold at night. I was so suprised during the day I would refill my water bottle a million times and then never have to pee! (a pregnant ladies dream!) haha but thats gives you a little taste to how warm the weather was. Overall it was a great experience to get to know the young women in our ward better and make friendships with the other leaders. Its funny how growing up in the same family ward for my whole life how hard it is to feel totally comfortable in a new ward. I am grateful for friendly people and am glad we bought a house in this ward with tons of young families! Other than that we just helped a family move in our ward and worked around the house.
Pregnancy - At the end of this week 16w5d we went to fetal foto in the Southtown mall to see if we could tell the gender of our baby. Becuase of my doctor's vacation and my upcoming vacation we weren't havin gour anatomy ultrasound till atleast 21 weeks. Anyways, I was a little nervous because I wanted to be sure we got the gender correct, but I was SOOOOO excited to know if we were going to have a little baby boy or baby girl. James of course was sure we were having a boy. We couldnt get it to let us take a peek, but after about 5 minutes we finally saw and before I could even register what I was seeing James shouted "ITS A BOY!!!" We were so excited and the ultrasound was very clear it was a boy, so my worries of being unsure were diminished. It was so fun watching our baby boy move all around inside of me and let me tell you he's a mover. He was jumping and rolling and having a good ol time in there, looked like he'll never want to come out hahah! We then of course immediately called all our families and are so excited for the first grandbaby on either side of our families! Besides that not too much happened this week. Honestly, I hardly felt pregnant at all. I was feeling great, had tons of energy, and was so much less bloated. It was a very easy and exciting week.
Week 17:
Life - James was on his 7 days off and I was in heaven getting to play with him ALL week! I have such a fun husband and I love all the crazy times we have together. This week my sister flew in for EFY and we got to hang out with her and her friend Julianna for a couple days before taking them down to Provo. Then we had a swim party with some friends and ended the night with a projector movie out on the grass. So fun! The next day was fourth of July and I love parades, so James and I went to the Grantsville Parade. I loved seeing all the kids (and young adults:) run for their lives over and over again whenever taffy was thrown our way. We walked around the car show/carnival, then headed back to our place where we had a BBQ with some family and friends. Once it started getting dark we headed back to Grantsville to see the firework show. Since we were a little early the boys played football and the girls played card games until the show started. I LOVE fireworks, they never get old and Grantsville puts on a really good show, so I am sure we will find ourselves going back there in years to come! Besides that during the week we just went on a temple dinner date, made dinners together, and enjoyed our time off together!
Pregnancy - So this week my belly was going through some changes. One day I would wake up and feel like I was totally showing, then throughout the day it would go away, then sometimes it would be back and this went on for a few days. I have heard of this happen, so I was not panicking, but thought it was so funny that one second my pants were loose, then the next im wondering if I can get away walking around with them unbuttoned haha. The other thing that has changed this week is my sleep. Now any of you that have known me pre pregnancy know that I LOVE my sleep! Sleeping is a talent of mine. I can sleep in any position, anywhere, and once I am asleep I am dead to the world, so don't even think about trying to wake me up! I can take a nap for hours during the day and still be ready for bed when night comes, but now that I am growing a human inside of me my body decided that it doesnt like to sleep anymore. I am SO sad! Now if I do sleep for a chunk of time at night I have terrible nightmares or crazy bizarre dreams. Usually my nights consist of me taking atleast 40 minutes to fall asleep, wake up 2 hours later to pee, wake up again an hour later cuz the cat came in, wake up again in a few hours to pee again, wake up cuz im hot, wake up cuz im cold, and EVERY morning I wake up at 5:30 am (when it starts getting light) and can hardly get back to sleep before I finally just give up and get out of bed! I know that it will only get worse as my body changes more, so Ill just try to look on the brightside and realize this is just preparing me for when I have a newborn that I need to wake up for in the middle of the night!
Week 18 - This week! Lots of fun things going down this week! I am going to try to take tons of picts so that I will have a post with more pictures and less words next time!
Annnnnndddd....finally a belly picture! I felt totally weird, like the kids I used to make fun of that took random shots of themselves in the mirror to post on myspace, but what the heck right?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment