Tuesday, July 24, 2012

California, Lake Powell, & Half-Way mark!

Well, in my last post I said that I was going to try to take more pictures and I was a bit more successful! First, I was able to take a fun girls trip to Southern California with my Mother in Law Juli and Sister in Law Alyssa. In a nutshell there were lots of good laughs (i.e. dressing up in grandma's nightgowns we found), lots of good food (cheesecake factory), lots of singing and music and lots of sun. Here are some pictures of that fun time.
Newport Beach


Cheesecake Factory - Dessert first!

Catalina Island

Catching some sun on Catalina Island.
HAHAHAHAHAH!!
The day after I got back from California James and I left to Lake Powell with some friends. It was so fun to stay on a house boat, soak up the sun, ride wave runners, swim to caves, boat, cliff jump, wakeboard, air chair, rock climb and spend time with friends. Although I couldn't do all the crazy things I wanted to, I still had a way good time and loved watching James do all the things I couldn't do. The part of the trip I will never forget is the midnight thunder and lightening storms that soaked all 15 or so of us that were sleeping ontop of the house boat, not once but two nights in a row! Not so funny when it wasw happening, but we laugh about it now. No pictures yet, but maybe some to come. We were having waay to much fun to worry about pictures on this trip.

Last thing to post about is BABY! :) My favorite part of life right now! So a quick week by week re-cap.
18.5 -19.5 weeks: This is the week I was in California and I felt amazing and besides a little heartburn nothing was very different this week expect that I was SO tired by the end of the night and definitely needed my sleep for our fun filled days

19.5 weeks: I had my 20 week ultrasound and we saw our little man and they measured all his parts and made sure I was growing a human and not an alien in there. haha! It was so fun to see him for so long and see his whole body. It amazes me how babies grow and that they have their appendages and just continue to grow and grow (reminds me of those toys you put in water and they grow) except thats all happening inside of me!!! p.s. can I say I love the nurse at my doctors she is amazing and so personable and remembers everything about me that it makes me feel more than just a patient being seen, but that they actually care whats going on in my pregnancy!

19.5 weeks-20.5 weeks: We were in Lake Powell for the first part of this week and I started feeling our boy move all around on a consistent basis and on the last evening I had just eaten and I layed down on top of the house boat and James and I were just talking and once again the baby started wiggling all over inside. I didnt think James would be able to feel him, but I told him to put his hand on my belly and sure enough our little guy started going crazy! He was kicking or punching or somersaults or something in there because the strongest movement I have had so far went on for about a full minute and a half and James felt it all. It was so fun to see his face in amazement that he was really feeling a person inside of there. haha.
Now that we've been home I have had heartburn, heartburn, oh and more heartburn :( I do know what is causing most of it ..... Chocolate! Most of you know that I LOVE sweets and especially chocolate so tums are now a constant must have.
Here are some more picts of baby and belly.
LOVE him!! So handsome!!


All crunched up in there!




No comments:

Post a Comment