Saturday, January 1, 2011

Holiday Happenings!

This holiday season has been a very unique one for James and I. It was our first Christmas together as a married couple. We were so lucky that James could get 14 days off work so that we could go see my family in California. We were excited to road trip it together, but not so excited when we hit traffic/snow/madatory chains and a 9-10 hour trip turned into a 14-15 hour trip. We just laughed about it and ended up having a good time together stuck in the car for all those hours. All the silly CA drivers were freaking out and James and I were laughing thinking that there was more snow on our driveway at home then on the road. The day after we got there we watched my youngest sister Rachel play in her team's last soccer tournament. I miss playing soccer so much so even though it was rainy I enjoyed every min of cheering and watching. Then we attended my home ward and it was fun to see old friends. My family has a tradition every Christmas that we take a homemade bread called cherry cheese bread to our close family and friends. James and I carried on this tradition by taking them to a few friends in Utah, but I am nothing compared to my mom who bakes for 2 days and makes 30 breads. It was fun going around as a big family caroling. During the week before Christmas we were busy doing puzzles, playing tons of games, playing some pick up soccer and volleyball games, and wrapping lots of presents.
One of my favorite parts of our trip was to go back to the Oakland Temple where we were married 8 months ago and see all the Christmas lights decorating the grounds and also remembering all the wonderful memories from that day. Another fun thing we did while in California was go back to Tracy, CA where James grew up. We stuffed our selves for lunch at his favorite Mexican place, the Burrito Shop, visited old friends and saw his old schools he went to and houses he lived in. I loved seeing all the places James loved growing up. We kept saying to each other, "I cant believe that we lived only an hour away our whole lives growing up and didn't even know each other existed." Thursday night we went out with one of my best friends from home [yes she's a mom] lol ;) and then hung out with their family for a little bit. I love and miss them! Then it was Christmas Eve and we read the story of Jesus Christ's birth and sang Christmas songs together as a family, we all opened one present and watched the Grinch, then all hurried to bed so Santa could come! :) Christmas morning we all waited at the top of the stairs where Santa hung a red ribbon we couln't pass till mom and dad were awake. As soon as the parents woke up we rushed downstairs and opened presents all morning. My parents and family were so generous and got us lots of great presents [tools, boots, clothes, hats, kitchen things, coats, and lots of other things]! We are so blessed that James has such a great job so that we could have an amazing first Christmas. After we had all opened our presents he got up and said there was one more. Everyone was looking at each other and then he got a little box from hidden inside the Christmas tree. He was so so so sweet and got me a BEAUTIFUL pearl/diamond ring. It is so perfect! :] :] :] Christmas day we played with all our new things, then got ready and went to my Grandma's house for Christmas dinner and time with our extended family. It was everything I could have dreamed of for our first Christmas together! After we came back to Utah we had another little Christmas with James family, we sure love and appreciate them.
Another fun thing we got to do this Christmas was talk to both of James sibilings who are serving full time missions for the church. We first talked to his sister Alyssa, also my best friend, as soon as I said hello we were both in tears it was so good to hear her voice I miss her tons, but we are so happy she had the chance to serve at this time and she was so happy and having such a great time in New York. Then later on Christmas we were able to talk to James brother Joey. Even though he was just here a lil more than a month ago we were so happy to hear from him and hear that he is doing well and working hard. I feel so lucky to have two "sibilings" serving missions right now. They are awesome.
Now James is back to work and I am enjoying my last few days I have off of school. We had such a fun time cracking up, singing, wrestling, tickling, cuddling, and letting our competitive sides take charge playing sports and games all while making memories on this Christmas vacation!


At the rainy soccer tournament


After the rainy game


Caroling with the family :]



The beautiful lights!


 
At the temple lights


 
HUGE burrito!


 
The Burrito Shop


 
James old High School "West High"

 
Wrapping Presents

 
  
Christmas Morning


 
Cousins at Grammy's
 
Marlina, Me, Kiely

Edmonds Family



Ring :]


 






1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you guys are enjoying life and that you got to be in NorCal for Christmas! We were in Maryland and loved it, but it would have been nice to be at Grammy and Grandpa's at the same time.

    ReplyDelete